Hosted by Seattle Mosaic Arts:
Last chance to get into this week-long class geared towards those wanting to create professional level, permanent projects.
In this six-day workshop students will work as a team to create and install a large-scale ceramic tile mosaic mural.
- Date: Mon Mar 26- Sun Apr 1 10 – 4 pm
Note: Class does not meet on Friday the 30th. There is an optional Business of Mosaics seminar in the afternoon of Friday, March 30th. Separate registration is required.
- Level: Intermediate/ Advanced. Students should already have basic setting skills under their belts and have experience working with ceramic tile mosaics. This is a professional development class.
- Cost: $750
Students will learn all aspects of mosaic mural making and will be part of a team that installs a large scale, permanent mural. Class covers:
- Designing for specific spaces and locations
- Materials selection and processing
- Design transfer, color selection, and specific coding/sectioning methods required for large-scale projects
- Precision cutting and setting techniques for direct method using fiberglass mesh
- Best practices for installation of permanent mosaic murals
Graduates of this class have gone on to create their own murals and large-scale projects for public and commercial spaces, schools, community centers, hospitals and more.
For more information or to register, please contact:
Seattle Mosaic Arts
1325 North 46th Street, Seattle WA 98103
Located in Wallingford on 46th just off of Stone Way